Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Welcome!

Welcome! This blog is a space for those of us who have a passion for our country, our soldiers, and our way of life. I created this blog so we can come together as unabashed proud Americans and share what we are thinking and feeling. 

If you are like me, you probably feel like this country is in the midst of some turbulent times. It feels like we are on an uncertain path. This blog space is not for politics, right or left. There are other forums for that. We have a much more important topic to explore.

I call myself a patriot mom because I am a mom of four sons. Just like many of you, I was raised with a deep love for my country by parents who were themselves patriotic. My parents came from a generation when it seemed everyone felt that love of country, no matter what. Today it seems we are losing that a little. Not if I can help it.


If you read my profile, you see that I’m a wife, a mom, a teacher and a writer. In every facet of my life, my patriotism is a factor. In the classroom, I teach my students what it means to be a good citizen of this great nation. My fourth graders know that the quickest way to get in trouble is to be disrespectful during the Pledge of Allegiance. When you re 10 years old, you don’t get to decide whether or not to say the Pledge. It’s not optional!

At home, I’ve tried to raise my sons to be patriots in their own right. Two of my four sons serve in the United States military. Through this journey we are taking, you will get to meet my sons, their friends and some of the interesting tidbits about the military. I’m hoping that you will meet other service men and woman. I welcome readers to share their stories of being patriot parents too. Our name is legion. It seems that wherever I go, I meet moms and dads just like me – proud of our children who serve!

Down the road, my plan is to launch a project where we share our children’s stories (which are OUR stories, by the way) in a more public format, possible a collection of stories. Look for more information on that in the coming weeks.

I encourage you to drop by this site often and read. You will see yourself in the thoughts and feelings shared here. One last thought – you don’t have to be a mom or a dad to drop by and share in the conversation. You can be an aunt, an uncle, grandparent, cousin, friend, neighbor – all are welcome! If you love this nation, you will find many more reasons to be a proud American in the days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment