Saturday, May 12, 2012

Airman's Creed, Air Force Values


Still celebrating Armed Forces week… Today I’m thinking about the U.S. Air Force. The Air Force was spun from the Army. Originally called the Army Air Corps, the Air Force is a relatively new fighting force. Remember, planes and flight only came into being in the 1900`s. (Thank you, Wright Brothers!)

At around 1940, the Army Air Corps had about 26,000 personnel and less than 2,000 planes. It wasn’t until 1941 that the Department of War created the Army Air Forces. In 1947, the Air Force officially became its own entity, and thus became a partner of the Army and Navy, as opposed to a division of the Army.

Thank you to Airmen everywhere for standing ready to protect us. Thank you for your service.


The Airman’s Creed

I am an American Airman.
I am a Warrior.
I have answered my Nation’s call.
I am an American Airman.
My mission is to Fly, Fight, and Win.
I am faithful to a Proud Heritage,
A Tradition of Honor,
And a Legacy of Valor.
I am an American Airman.
Guardian of Freedom and Justice,
My Nation’s Sword and Shield,
Its Sentry and Avenger.
I defend my Country with my Life.
I am an American Airman.
Wingman, Leader, Warrior.
I will never leave an Airman behind,
I will never falter,
And I will not fail.



Air Force Core Values

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do


When you read these words, and consider what our service people commit to, it's huge. The values they live by are a good lesson for us all.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this creed, Lynda. I'm not AF, but I have written a creed for all veterans, any branch, male or female. » http://is.gd/usaveteran « Thanks for supporting us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work!. air force mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post. air force mom

    ReplyDelete